Our Response to COVID-19
Our programs are open. We have increased sanitation procedures at all of our locations. In accordance with state-wide changes, masks are no longer mandatory at our offices.
However, we ask that clients who have experienced any of the below symptoms in the last 14 days call to reschedule, move their appointments to a telehealth option, or let us know that they will be absent:
- Other Cold or Flu-like symptoms including shortness of breath and/or fatigue
Upon entrance to any building at TCC, every person entering a TCC building will go through the COVID screening process and all results will be recorded in the COVID Monitoring Log. Please note, a yes to any of these questions will exclude someone from entering the building. The process is as follows:
Designated staff will take the temperature of anyone entering a TCC building. If the temperature is 100.0 or over, that person will not be allowed to enter. A digital infrared thermometer will be used to minimized contact as much as possible.
Designated staff will ask all persons entering a building the following questions:
- Have you or your child been exposed to a person with a positive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or your child been exposed to a person with a presumptive case of COVID-19 as defined by the Oregon Health Authority in the last 14 days?
- Are you or your child experiencing an unusual cough (not normal for this person due to things like asthma or allergies) or shortness of breath?
- Are you or your child experiencing vomiting, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, or rash?
Our Wellness Program is open and available to pick up food boxes and/or clothing closet items. These can be picked up via curbside pick up at our Springfield Campus, and food boxes can be delivered to your home as needed. The Wellness Program is open to all clients, and is currently by appointment only.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 541-726-1465